About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
We protect the public. We advance our profession. We guide our CPAs. We ensure that our 90,000 members and 21,000 students meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. We help them stay ahead of global market trends and abreast of regulatory change. CPAs represent a globally recognized, premium designation. Our Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations in all industries for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, management skills and leadership. cpaontario.ca.
CPA Ontario is currently in search of a Chief of Staff to support the CEO on key projects across CPA Ontario, and co-lead key cross-functional strategic initiatives. The Chief of Staff will work closely with CPA Ontario’s executive team and play a pivotal role in enabling CPA Ontario to reach its full strategic potential.
- Provides support to the CEO with preparation for Board and Inter-provincial meetings that includes research, presentations, and all required materials;
- Co-leads discrete projects on behalf of the CEO and executive team;
- Interfaces regularly with members of CPA Ontario leadership on key CEO initiatives; helping cultivate strategic priorities for CPA Ontario and takes a lead in driving progress in these priorities;
- Provides relevant information and briefings to the CEO on the status and deliverables of key projects;
- Prepares thoughtful, clear presentation materials for CEO discussions with key stakeholders;
- Attends executive meetings to keep a pulse on the organization and connect the dots among different functions at CPAO including identifying key issues and risks;
- Anticipates and troubleshoots daily needs of the organization;
- Leads efforts to maintain and execute the most effective schedule for the CEO considering the alignment towards meeting strategic goals and outcomes;
- Provides support and direction to the thought leadership team.
- A minimum of four years of business experience is required, with a strong preference for experience at a top consulting/finance firm complimented by experience leading people;
- University degree, MBA or Master’s in business preferred;
- Strong communication skills and professional presence;
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems effectively;
- Strong critical thinking, influencing and analytical skills;
- Proven aptitude in leading project teams to reach a common goal;
- Exceptional time management skills and a sense of personal ownership over results.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.