About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
We protect the public. We advance our profession. We guide our CPAs. We ensure that our 90,000 members and 21,000 students meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. We help them stay ahead of global market trends and abreast of regulatory change. CPAs represent a globally recognized, premium designation. Our Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations in all industries for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, management skills and leadership. cpaontario.ca.
CPA Ontario is currently in search of a Director, Professional Development who will be responsible for the strategy, management and delivery of CPA Ontario’s Professional Development program. This position will report to the Vice President, Member Services.
- Analyze current and future learning needs for Ontario’s CPAs and public professional development consumers to ensure ongoing relevance, selection and quality of learning offerings.
- Lead large-scale content acquisition and in-house creation streams, ensuring scale and topical relevance to address the broad-based development/learning needs of the profession and public.
- Ensure seamless logistical coordination, registration and delivery and overall member experience of CPA Ontario’s in-class, on-line and blended learning products.
- Spearhead the implementation of CPA Ontario’s next generation Learning Experience Platform, enabling multi-channel e-commerce capabilities and personalized content recommendations through robust analytical capabilities.
- Collaborate with Marketing Communications to drive pricing and campaign strategies (targeted and mass) across multiple channels including social, mobile and web.
- Manage all aspects of a multi-million-dollar P&L with a disciplined focus on target achievement.
- Work with the Director, Member Experience, Director, Member Events and other key stakeholders to drive an integrated approach to Professional Development experience and market penetration.
- Negotiate contracts with multiple vendors.
- Present detailed budget and road maps to the CEO and members of the Executive Team.
- Utilize survey instruments and platform-generated data to continuously evaluate progress and make ongoing improvements.
- Build and maintain a supportive, team environment with strong collaboration focused on member experience, innovation and financial results.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma is required.
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience working within complex business environment is required.
- Previous accountability for product sales and/or revenue generation at a departmental/enterprise level and e-commerce experience is preferred.
- Extensive experience developing and delivering PD/learning within a large enterprise and/or member/customer-serving environment.
- Expertise and experience with LMS systems and learning technology road map development and execution.
- Strong people management and leadership skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), relationship building, negotiating and presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access is required.
- CPA designation is an asset.
- Ability to travel as required.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.