About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
CPA Ontario protects the public interest by ensuring its members meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. CPA Ontario serves and supports its more than 89,000 members and 19,000 students in their qualification and professional development in a wide range of senior positions in public accounting, business, finance, government, not-for-profits and academe. Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations of all types and sizes for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight, management skills and leadership. For information on the CPA profession, visit cpaontario.ca.
CPA Ontario is currently in search of a Customer Service Representative for our Annual Membership Dues (AMD) initiative who will be responsible for responding to calls and emails from Members about their annual dues and payments.
***Please note that these are contract positions***
- Deliver accurate and up-to-date information pertaining to AMD
- Capture and record all communication and relevant information and ensure accurate and timely tracking and reporting data
- Share any apparent trends in questions, responses, challenges, concerns, etc. with manager
- Recommend new processes and procedures that streamline the flow of information
- Meets departmental metrics and contributes to overall team results
- Provide exceptional customer service by phone, email or in person
- Provide assistance in compiling and analyzing departmental reporting, monitoring of queue volume, and other duties as required
- Other miscellaneous duties as requested
- Minimum 2 years of inbound call centre experience is required
- Previous experience with a Regulatory body, Association or a Not-for-Profit organization with a student/member first mentality is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills (written and verbal) including a professional telephone manner are required
- Superior organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills are required
- Strong expertise with MS Office as well as field related hardware and software packages and systems for reporting is required
- Good judgement, problem solving, influencing and negotiation skills are required
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments is required
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities is required
- Ability to navigate and gather information via the web is required
- Ability to handle objections and rebuttal with tact and confidence is required
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and weekends on occasion when required
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.