About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
CPA Ontario protects the public interest by ensuring its members meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. CPA Ontario serves and supports its more than 89,000 members and 19,000 students in their qualification and professional development in a wide range of senior positions in public accounting, business, finance, government, not-for-profits and academe. Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations of all types and sizes for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight, management skills and leadership. For information on the CPA profession, visit cpaontario.ca.
CPA Ontario is currently in search of a highly skilled Education Coordinator who will assist in the administration of CPA Ontario Education offerings.
- Source and coordinate booking of facilities, equipment and meals for CPA PEP module workshop sessions, in accordance with existing budgets, for each calendar year from start to finish. This includes monitoring student enrolment numbers to ascertain venue and facility needs, visiting and securing facilities, and signing contracts;
- Forge ongoing relationships with venue and facilities staff to ensure suitability and successful events;
- Coordinate the procurement, compilation, packaging, shipping and logistics of materials for module workshops, and shipping materials to session leaders each term;
- Create and process contracts and invoices for facilities, session leaders and other external parties;
- Write outwardly facing instructional direct-to-student and direct-to-session leader mass communications with clarity and professionalism;
- Post information for students and session leaders on the online, educational platform;
- Post information for students and session leaders on CPA Ontario’s website by liaising with the internal Marketing & Communications team;
- Follow-up on student attendance from module workshop sessions;
- Respond to student, session leader, and other third party inquiries via telephone and email in a timely manner;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, to answer “day of” questions related to facilities, venues, shipped materials, etc;
- Analyze and evaluate existing processes to identify and implement effective efficiencies and improvement opportunities;
- Design surveys and questionnaires to collect data from students, session leaders and other external parties;
- Assist the Education Manager and Education Officer with the review and update of the program handbooks, websites and administrative forms;
- Provide weekly updates to the Education Manager and Education Officer. Reporting items include: budget/actual figures for facilities, status of planning processes, and enrollment numbers for Education programs;
- Follow-up on any issues or concerns with students, session leaders and external third parties;
- Perform other duties as assigned;
- Support all other members of the Education team in peak times;
- Attend examination events for PREP, PEP and the CFE.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration, Computer Science, English, Mathematics or diploma in a related field;
- Knowledge of post-secondary learning institutions an asset;
- Strong personal computer skills with experience in MS Office Package, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and intermediate to advanced knowledge in Excel;
- Knowledge of Desire2Learn (D2L) / Brightspace an asset;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Team player who can also work well autonomously;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines;
- Time management skills;
- Proven interpersonal skills;
- Customer service skills and administration skills, with a strong air of business professionalism;
- A strong desire to provide the CPA Ontario student body with exceptional support.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email email@example.com with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.