About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
CPA Ontario protects the public interest by ensuring its members meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. CPA Ontario serves and supports its more than 89,000 members and 19,000 students in their qualification and professional development in a wide range of senior positions in public accounting, business, finance, government, not-for-profits and academe. Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations of all types and sizes for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight, management skills and leadership. For information on the CPA profession, visit cpaontario.ca.
CPA Ontario is currently in search of an Accounting Coordinator for our
Annual Membership Dues (AMD) initiative who will ensure the accurate and timely processing of incoming dues and payments, maintain up-to-date records, coordinate transactions and assist with general inquiries.
***Please note that these are contract positions***
- Collect and process AMD and batch Firm payments
- Reconcile firm payments and liaise with firms to resolve discrepancies
- Process debit memos and refunds in CRM & GP when requested
- Process credit memos and re-bills for member status changes and ensure member renewal records are properly updated
- Ensure credit memos are authorized
- Perform daily credit card reconciliation
- Follow-up on bank reconciling items related to cash receipts on a daily basis
- Reconcile daily cheque deposits to ensure bank reconciliation is up-to-date on a daily basis
- Cross check the work of other co-workers and post batches as requested
- Coordinate with IS to diagnose and resolve system errors (CRM and GP)
- Track daily cheque payments
- Liaise with Registrar's Office regarding any payment issues
- Resolve member email and telephone inquiries
- Store electronic and paper documents as per Document Retention Policy
- Provide daily AMD reporting
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience working in a professional/office environment is required
- Previous experience with a Regulatory body, Association or a Not-for-Profit organization with a student/member first mentality is an asset
- Strong MS Office skills - Excel, Word and Outlook required
- Prior experience with Dynamics GP or other accounting systems is highly preferred
- Exposure to Dbase applications such as Dynamics CRM is preferred
- Prior experience with account reconciliations is required
- Excellent data entry skills with a proven attention to accuracy and detail is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required along with a professional telephone manner
- Proven ability to work well under pressure andhandle a high volume of transactions and calls in a customer service oriented environment with accountability for meeting daily deadlines is required
- Ability to follow procedures and directions provided during training is required
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, following established guidelines required
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email email@example.com with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.