Reporting to the Director, Project Management Office, CPA Ontario is looking for a Senior Project Controller to join us at our York Street location. This is a greenfield opportunity to be part of an influential team evoking change and transforming CPA Ontario as we provide services and support to our membership. This is a chance to build out our Power BI PMO dashboard and refine our PMO processes, manage the successful launch of projects, liaise directly with project sponsors and executives. We manage all types of projects including the implementation of a new CRM system, deployment of a personal development training software solution and even the ability to consolidate logins for our members and students to a single entry.
Who you are
You are a Project Controller or Senior BA from a mature project management office looking to be hands-on, make decisions and see the impact of your work. You are seeking a highly collaborative, inclusive environment with less hierarchy. You want to be part of a company that is focused on meeting the needs of its current and future members.
What’s in it for you
- The opportunity to develop your analytical and PMO skills as you manage a number of key internal projects.
- The cross-company exposure through your role on multiple committees.
- The time and support to develop a progressive career path and take part in advancement activities.
As our new Senior Project Controller, you will focus on:
- Processes. From PMO process development to ensuring established business processes are followed across the PMO and the organization.
- Financial analysis and monitoring of portfolio. Maintain accuracy of Microsoft Power BI entries; Microsoft PPM entries; track and maintain resourcing dashboard against project baselines.
- Reporting and communication. Prepare and present executive reporting; drive delivery satisfaction with key business stakeholders; prepare all status reporting as required.
- Company events. Participate in and assist with, training and internal initiatives.
- Community Engagement. Contribute to the ongoing development of the PMO and community at CPA Ontario.
- Promote the Project Management Office (PMO). Push out the role and concept of the PMO. Establish the Project Controls function within the Project Management Office.
So, how do we know you’re the new Project Controller for us? You have:
- The education. You have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field. You have strong financial analysis and project management skills. PMI or PMP certification preferred.
- The experience. You have 7+ years working in project coordination, strategy and control in a large - ideally Informational Technology - environment. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher certification is preferred but not a requirement.
- The technical skills. You have expertise in the MS Suite, in particular, Project Online and Power BI which you’ve affectionately nicknamed “Right hand” and “Left hand.” MS Visio, Jira, SharePoint and Confluence are solid runners-up for tools as essential as oxygen to you.
- The leadership. A born mentor, you thrive in an environment where you can both receive constructive feedback and provide it. You believe that the difference between doing a good job and a great job is access to targeted support; support that you are more than happy to provide.
- The project management skills. You have never met a deadline you couldn’t meet, a task your schedule and a problem you couldn’t solve. Juggling is just one of your natural talents - juggling priorities that is.
- The accountability. You take clear ownership of your assignments, raise visibility to roadblocks and deliver on time with quality.
About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
CPA Ontario protects the public interest by ensuring its members meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. CPA Ontario serves and supports its more than 89,000 members and 19,000 students in their qualification and professional development in a wide range of senior positions in public accounting, business, finance, government, not-for-profits and academe. Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations of all types and sizes for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight, management skills and leadership. For information on the CPA profession, visit cpaontario.ca.
To express your interest in this opportunity, apply here.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information.