About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
CPA Ontario protects the public interest by ensuring its members meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. CPA Ontario serves and supports its more than 89,000 members and 19,000 students in their qualification and professional development in a wide range of senior positions in public accounting, business, finance, government, not-for-profits and academe. Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations of all types and sizes for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight, management skills and leadership. For information on the CPA profession, visit cpaontario.ca.
CPA Ontario is currently in search of a Web Content Specialist who, in tandem with our marketing and communications team, social media and digital marketing specialists and graphics team, will play a crucial role in the development and publishing of content for the CPA Ontario website in order to increase brand awareness and enhance/build target audience engagement and experience through the website.
- Oversees all content on the CPA Ontario website
- Creates and acquires engaging and key word rich content for the website tailored to CPA Ontario’s target audiences – following content and voice guidelines
- Writes technical content, supported by the Corporate Communications team that creates a user-friendly experience for the reader
- Follows process for managing and executing content projects with established templates and editorial calendars
- Completes the content creation and optimization process from beginning to end, supported by Corporate Communications and Digital Marketing, from initial conception to research, approval, fact-checking, key word optimization, editing, and final proofing
- Following content and voice guidelines, works in tandem with the marketing and communications team, social media and digital marketing specialists, and graphics department to conceive of and post engaging content, and upload videos online
- Works with Agility CMS
- Tracks and monitors performance for all digital content projects
- Provides direct feedback/analytics with the goal of improving engagement and experience
- Works with internal stakeholders to provide consultative guidance for web based content development and provides recommendations for information architecture modifications (organizing, structuring, labeling content in an effective and sustainable way), usability, content optimization (for search); insert and modify content in the CMS and ensure quality assurance
- Post-secondary degree combined with 2-4 years of website content writing experience is required
- Proven ability to write website content, in a variety of styles, voices and tones, adaptable to different audiences, product categories and branding initiatives is required
- Editorial requirements include SEO experience, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement.
- Experience in writing against an editorial calendar is required
- Strong understanding of website technology, social and email marketing including SEO, SEM, Social Media platforms required
- Good understanding of web analytics tools including Google Analytics is required
- Experience with optimizing search for natural, onsite and paid search terms, using the Agility CMS and web analytics tools is required
- Prior experience working within a member, student or education organization/association/ institution is an asset
- Must be able to manage time and workload effectively, work well under pressure, prioritize, multi-task, and work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Proven attention to accuracy and detail is required
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.