About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
CPA Ontario protects the public interest by ensuring its members meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. CPA Ontario serves and supports its more than 89,000 members and 19,000 students in their qualification and professional development in a wide range of senior positions in public accounting, business, finance, government, not-for-profits and academe. Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations of all types and sizes for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight, management skills and leadership. For information on the CPA profession, visit cpaontario.ca.
CPA Ontario is currently in search of an Event Manager for our Professional Development Institute (PDI) who will be responsible for the management of internal and external events at both our 25 York Street and 69 Bloor Street East locations. Events for external clients include workshops, seminars, networking events, board meetings, annual general meetings, etc. The Event Manager is also responsible for selling space at PDI to external clients when it is not in use internally for meetings or professional development events.
- Developing short and long-term strategic initiatives and processes, in collaboration with the Director, Professional Development, to improve the overall administration of the department.
- Providing executive research services to the Director by gathering and analyzing information, statistics and data and making recommendations for a pricing model.
- Managing all aspects of the department’s operating budget and providing budget forecast and recommending fiscal strategies to achieve the department’s fiscal goals and requirements.
- Managing the department’s physical and space requirements and resources.
- Planning, recruiting, managing and advising on department employees.
- Developing administrative policies and procedures; planning for and managing the department’s facilities and events.
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of both Bloor and York PDI departments.
- Approving all vendor invoices, preparing month-end accruals and reports for AR as well as completing and summitting all expense reports for the department.
- Managing inventory and approving all requests for supplies needed for both offices.
- Negotiating all event and vendor contracts within budgetary guidelines.
- Creating job descriptions and implementing new training manuals and processes for new hires and ongoing training for team members.
- Selling the available space to external clients through business development.
- Creating and developing event space brochures and advertising; working with Marketing and Communications to update and enhance the website with business content and virtual tours.
- Responding to all email and voicemail inquiries for event bookings from external clients.
- Organizing and conducting event site visits.
- Confirming and finalizing all event logistics for external events.
- Booking and updating all event details in the Event Management System.
- Main point of contact for all external events.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma preferably in Hospitality Management, Hotel Management or a related discipline is required
- A minimum of 5 years facilities coordination experience is required
- Previous experience working in a banquet hall and/or hotel is highly preferred
- Proven experience in sales, marketing, contract negotiating and/or resource procurement skills is highly preferred
- Effective time management skills with a strong ability to manage competing priorities and last-minute changes in plans is required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills are required
- Prior experience managing a team of direct reports is required
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) are required
- Prior experience and/or exposure to an Event Management System is an asset
- Working knowledge of audio visual systems is an asset
- Must have the flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends when required
- Must have proven business acumen and prior experience working with invoicing, budgeting and financial statements
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email email@example.com with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.