Reporting to the Director of the PMO, CPA Ontario is looking for a leader, a craftsperson, a technology expert and a business-savvy mentor to join our team as a Project Manager. This is an opportunity to balance hands-on work with oversight on multiple organizational transformational projects at our York Street location. We manage projects of all shapes and sizes from large-scale waterfall implementations of IT Service Management systems to the Agile delivery of software development solutions to support our largest applications. More service-oriented than revenue-motivated, this is a chance to be part of building solutions that meet the needs of our audience.
Who you are
You have 7+ years as a Project Manager, implementing integrated IT and Business projects looking for a greenfield opportunity to bring about transformation and influence change. You want a chance to impact over 80,000 end users with the work you do. You believe in knocking it out of the park daily. You take pride in your work and it shows in the dedication, approach, detail and care you put into everything you do. You are a strong leader, willing to go the extra mile and be in the trenches with your team. You are comfortable with presenting to all levels of management and can lead a conversation transforming issues into resolutions. You take total accountability of your project delivery and ensure that even the smallest detail does not get missed.
What’s in it for you
The chance to lead. This is a change-focused environment with project work that impacts tens-of-thousands of users. We need someone to come in and not just lead projects, but make a tangible contribution to the PMO. This is a chance to be part of the team that moulds the future of CPA Ontario
The opportunity to work with an elite team. We are on the “smaller-side” of a mid-sized organization. That means, a chance to work closely and collaboratively across teams and to develop a deep understanding of our processes and the strengths of our people.
The ability to introduce best practices. We aren’t Agile...yet. But we are getting ready. This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to implement the Agile methodology at this level. You will introduce faster project delivery and implementation processes, educate the team on benefits and encourage the use of technologies such as Jira and Confluence.
What you will do:
- Oversee business and IT projects. You will be accountable for the overall delivery of projects on time, on budget, and on scope. You will:
- Assess and manage risks, issues and changes within and across all projects.
- Clarify and communicate project objectives and success criteria.
- Drive delivery satisfaction with key business stakeholders.
- Ensure established business processes are followed.
- Manage budgets and escalate issues as required.
- Introduce and implement high standards. You will ensure the use of best practices for delivering projects that exceed client expectations. You have excellent communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Lead, manage and motivate the project team. You will foster a highly collaborative environment and encourage open lines of communication providing feedback and coaching to project team members.
- Manage stakeholders. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders and partners. You will build relationships and manage expectations, communications, escalations, feedback with executive sponsors, vendors, third-party partners, etc.
- Prepare and present updates.You will prepare all status reporting and keep the appropriate people informed and up to date in a timely manner, such as team members, senior management and the business on the status of projects. This includes client-facing presentations during key project points and ad hoc requests.
- Complex problem solving. You will be proactive in taking the initiative and the lead for identifying and resolving issues. You will cope with project changes effectively and efficiently. You are aware of all interdependencies in your project delivery and ensure everyone is aware of the linkages.
- Be part of project oversight committee. You will actively contribute to the creation of plans and solutions around ongoing project management issues, go green plans, and the implementation of structure to the project charter.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the PMO and community at CPA Ontario. You will participate in, and assist with, company events such as training and internal initiatives.
So, how do we know you are the new Project Manager for us? You have:
- The education. You have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field. You have strong financial analysis and project management skills. You have a PMP certification.
- The experience. You have over 7 years of progressive project management experience managing medium to large-scale cross-functional project teams and integrated projects with varying degree of complexity. You have experience in both Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies - and the ability to apply them flexibly in various situations. You are an expert on MS Project tools, PM template and exposure to FinancialForce is a bonus. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher certification is preferred but not a requirement.
- The interpersonal capabilities. Your communication skills - written, verbal, presentation- are outstanding. You are comfortable talking to teams from the engineering level upwards to C-level executives.
- The leadership. A born mentor, you thrive in an environment where you can provide constructive feedback. You believe that the difference between doing a good job and a great job is targeted support that you are more than happy to provide.
- The project management skills. You have a confident personality and the intelligence to make well-balanced decisions. You can prioritize and keep your eye on multiple concurrent projects. You are passionate about project management principles and practices. You have extensive experience with project planning and scheduling, budget and forecasting, scope change and risk management. Experience working in a DevOps delivery environment would be a strong asset.
About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
CPA Ontario protects the public interest by ensuring its members meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. CPA Ontario serves and supports its more than 89,000 members and 19,000 students in their qualification and professional development in a wide range of senior positions in public accounting, business, finance, government, not-for-profits and academe. Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations of all types and sizes for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight, management skills and leadership. For information on the CPA profession, visit cpaontario.ca.
To express your interest in this opportunity, apply here.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information.