About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
CPA Ontario protects the public interest by ensuring its members meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. CPA Ontario serves and supports its more than 89,000 members and 19,000 students in their qualification and professional development in a wide range of senior positions in public accounting, business, finance, government, not-for-profits and academe. Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations of all types and sizes for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight, management skills and leadership. For information on the CPA profession, visit cpaontario.ca.
CPA Ontario is currently in search of a Standards Enforcement Case Manager (12 - 18 Month Contract) who will manage the operation, administration and workflow of the complaints intake and assessment process and assist the Professional Conduct Committee with the review of complaints.
- Perform initial review and assessment of complaints received by CPA Ontario
- Manage file/case workflow and distribution of matters to other intake and assessment team members
- Allocate and supervise work performed by Professional Standards Coordinators as well as Standards Enforcement team, contractors and consultants including:
- Communicating with complainants and members with respect to the Complaints process
- Analyzing the documentation provided by complainants and members and preparing reports for the Professional Conduct Committee to facilitate their review process
- Overseeing the coordination and administration of Professional Conduct Committee meetings, including administration of the recruitment and training of volunteer members of the Professional Conduct Committee
- Managing the transfer of cases to investigation and prosecution staff as directed by the Professional Conduct Committee
- Assist the Director of Standards Enforcement with:
- The analysis and assessment of ongoing workflow and prioritization of files for review by the Professional Conduct Committee as well as Key Business Indicators for reporting to senior management
- File review and assessment
- Responding to questions from members of the public and the media about the complaints investigation process
- Preparation of financial reports
- Assist in all new and ongoing IT projects related to Standards Enforcement
- Initiate and/or manage ad hoc special projects as required
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree/diploma in Business Administration or a related field is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an administrative, operational, or case/project management role is highly preferred
- Previous experience working in a regulatory professional environment is preferred
- Superior knowledge of MS Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and Adobe Acrobat or other electronic document management software is required
- Working knowledge of MS Visio or another analytical software and FileCloud or another web content management software is an asset
- Knowledge of / familiarity with CPA Ontario Bylaws and Regulations, Chartered Professional Accountants Act, 2017 (Ontario) and equivalent legislation for other legacy bodies would be an asset
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, balance competing priorities and meet critical deadlines in a high volume, fast-paced environment required
- Must be skilled and experienced at organizing voluminous, often technical documents in an electronic medium
- Self-motivated, self-starter with proven initiative and able to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with difficult people
- Proven ability to use tact and discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Strong organization skills required as well as proven ability to pay close attention to accuracy and detail
- Experienced and skillful at report writing
- Strong judgment and decision making skills required
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email email@example.com with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.