About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
CPA Ontario protects the public interest by ensuring its members meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. CPA Ontario serves and supports its more than 89,000 members and 19,000 students in their qualification and professional development in a wide range of senior positions in public accounting, business, finance, government, not-for-profits and academe. Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations of all types and sizes for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight, management skills and leadership. For information on the CPA profession, visit cpaontario.ca.
CPA Ontario is in search of an Education Officer for an 18 month contract, beginning in January 2018 and ending in July 2019. Reporting directly to the Director of Education, the successful candidate will manage the training, hiring, contracting and monitoring of facilitators, mentors and plagiarism reviewers for the Professional Education Program (PEP) in Ontario.
- Assess student eligibility to write the module-end examinations
- Responsible for examination results release and appeal inquiries
- Soliciting and reviewing facilitator availability; contracting facilitators for each module of each session based on student registration numbers; and is the contact for any questions or feedback they may have
- Monitoring the punctuality and work of all facilitators via weekly task tracking reports
- Selecting top-performing facilitators to act as mentors to other facilitators, and supporting mentors when they have questions about deliveringfeedback
- Review and deliver mentor feedback to facilitators, examine mentor performance based on mentee feedback, and monitor performance of all facilitators each session
- Organizing and leading facilitator training sessions. With the assistance of the administrative team, screening applicants and selecting those that are suitable to participate
- Soliciting and reviewing marker availability; contracting markers for Capstone 2; and monitoring marker success
- Organize an in-person training session for Capstone 1 facilitators
- Review plagiarism reports prepared by external contractors; investigate all cases of plagiarism and write the related reports
- Sit on an Audit Working Group Committee to discuss the PEP program
- Successful completion of the CPA designation and a Member in good standing required
- Demonstrated experience in the practical application of accounting knowledge is highly preferred
- Prior experience in an educational environment or with a regulatory body is an asset
- Knowledge of the Professional Education Program (PEP) and the Pre-Requisite Education Program (PREP) is highly preferred
- Up to date knowledge of the CPA competency map and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is required
- Understanding of online facilitation is highly preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to education and learning is required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), presentation and people management skills required
- Must have a demonstrated service oriented approach
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment is required, along with strong organization, time management, multi-tasking, critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- A proven strong attention to accuracy and detail is required
- Excellent proficiency using the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access and Outlook) is required
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email email@example.com with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.