About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
CPA Ontario protects the public interest by ensuring its members meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. CPA Ontario serves and supports its more than 89,000 members and 19,000 students in their qualification and professional development in a wide range of senior positions in public accounting, business, finance, government, not-for-profits and academe. Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations of all types and sizes for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight, management skills and leadership. For information on the CPA profession, visit cpaontario.ca.
CPA Ontario is currently in search of a full-time Event Coordinator who will support the Event Supervisor and Manager with day-to-day event activities and administrative work that pertain to the overall operation of the Professional Development Institute Facility.
Manages daily business operations:
- Sets-up and prepares function spaces as directed
- Has complete knowledge of PDI’s events, services and facilities
- Ensures prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external clients
- Ensure clients’ needs and requirements are carried out with a helpful approach and in a timely manner
- Maintains an orderly working environment, inform Events Supervisor or Manager of any deficiencies
- Organizes and prints event menus and room signage for upcoming meetings
- Complete all miscellaneous duties as directed that pertain to the operation of PDI
- Complies with PDI policies and procedures
- Has full working knowledge of the audio visual in the PDI facility
- Ensures all required audio visual equipment is prepared and available for all the function spaces as indicated on the banquet event order
- Provides audio visual assistance and information to clients prior to and throughout the event
- At the end of the event/function, accounts for and safely stores all utilized audio visual equipment, adhering to the closing & tear down procedures for PDI
- General cleaning of kitchen equipment as required per schedule
- Loading, unloading and operating the dishwashing machine and ensure chemicals are used correctly
- Maintain hygiene in the kitchen and service areas in accordance with established health codes and sanitary procedures
- Sets up, tears down and refreshes function rooms according to the pre-determined standards of the PDI and as indicated on the banquet event order, set-up worksheet, etc.
- Sets food & beverage items in the function spaces, serving areas, etc. for required events as directed by the Events Supervisor or Manager, or required by the banquet event order
- Clears dishes and tables quickly and efficiently in all function rooms and areas of the PDI as required
- Transports and stores all equipment in the appropriate storage rooms in a safe and secure manner
- At the end of the day, ensures that all areas of the PDI Facility (the function rooms, serving counters, etc.) are clean and clear of any debris left from each event and are appropriately prepared for the next days’ events as required
- Post-secondary education in Hospitality/Hotel/Events Management or a related discipline is preferred
- Previous events management experience and/or experience working in a banquet hall or hotel is required
- Previous experience with Audio/Video Support is highly preferred
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Familiarity with Event Management System (EMS) or the use of database systems (especially CRM-based) and knowledge of basic HTML principles is highly preferred
- Excellent customer service, negotiating, relationship building and interpersonal skills required as well as a proven ability to deal with people in a professional manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- A proven team player
- Ability to problem-solve and multi-task while balancing competing priorities required
- Extremely organized and high attention to accuracy and detail required
- Proven ability to take initiative and is motivated to follow through on projects required
- Ability to appreciate the confidential nature of some of the above functions required
- Must have the flexibility to work outside of regular business hours if/when required which may include, early mornings, evenings, nights and/or weekends
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.